Panama City Uber & Lyft Accidents Lawyers
Help for Victims of Rideshare Collisions
With its range of activities, events, and restaurants, Panama City is a happening tourist area. To get to, from, and around the city, many visitors choose to use ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft. And while they make travel convenient, the increase in rideshare drivers also leads to more accidents. Taking legal action after a collision involving a driver of one of these companies can be complex. Depending on the specific circumstances, several different parties could be held responsible.
At Syfrett, Dykes & Furr, our attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience and have handled hundreds of personal injury cases. We know the intricacies of these types of matters, and we will provide the representation you need to effectively file a claim against the at-fault party. An accident can result in various damages, such as steep medical expenses, which can put an unexpected burden on your life and finances. We provide focused and compassionate advocacy to work toward just compensation on your behalf and help relieve some of the stresses that can arise after an accident.
Discuss your situation during a free initial case evaluation by calling us at (850) 795-4979.
Determining Liability After a Rideshare Accident
To recover compensation after an Uber or Lyft collision, you must prove that another person was at fault. This burden entails you collecting and presenting evidence that shows the other party’s negligence or recklessness caused the accident. This is why it is important to take certain actions after the crash, such as taking pictures and exchanging information with drivers and witnesses.
When you retain the services of our skilled Panama City lawyers, we will be committed to helping you prove that another driver was at fault for the accident.
When our team investigates an accident case, we:
- Find and talk to witnesses
- Gather photos or videos of the scene
- Determine what factors contributed to the accident
- Review road and weather conditions at the time of the incident
- Discuss the case with experts
By thoroughly examining your situation and determining liability, we can work toward obtaining fair compensation from all responsible parties.
Who to File an Accident Claim Against
After you determine who is at-fault for your Uber or Lyft accident, you must file a claim with the right insurance company.
In rideshare collision cases, three different insurance companies could be involved:
- The rideshare company’s
- The rideshare driver’s
- The other driver’s
If another driver was responsible for the collision, you must file a claim with their insurance company.
Things become a bit trickier if the Uber or Lyft driver was responsible. Depending on the phase of the drive, you would either file a claim with the motorist’s or the rideshare company’s insurance.
Insurance coverage for rideshare accidents are as follows:
- App off: When the driver is not logged into the app, their own insurance policy is in effect. That means if you’re involved in an accident at this point– whether as another motorist or a pedestrian – you would file a claim with the driver’s insurance.
- App on, no ride accepted: If the driver is waiting for a ride request and causes an accident, either the driver’s or the rideshare company’s insurance will kick in. Which one covers damages depends on whether or not the driver’s personal insurance responds.
- Ride request accepted: When the driver is matched with a passenger and is either en route to pick them up or is transporting them, the rideshare company’s insurance applies.
Knowing where to submit your claim is important, as it could affect whether or not you receive compensation. With our attorneys by your side, you will receive dedicated legal guidance throughout the process.
Injured in an Uber or Lyft Accident? Schedule a Free Consultation with Us Today!
After a traffic collision, focusing on your health and healing is crucial. At Syfrett, Dykes & Furr, our Panama City attorneys are here to tend to every detail of your case, allowing you to get necessary care for your injuries.
For the legal advocacy you need, call us at (850) 795-4979 or contact us online.