Panama City Slip and Fall Attorneys
Client Focused, Results Driven slip and Fall Lawyers
Slip and fall generally refers to when a person loses his or her footing and is injured on another person's property. Slip and fall cases can become quite complicated, especially considering they often involve large corporations with access to vast amounts of resources. A Panama City slip and fall attorney can provide invaluable legal counsel during this time and help protect your rights.
Proving Negligence in a Slip and Fall Claim
In order to designate fault in a slip and fall case, your Panama City slip and fall injury attorney will help you prove that your accident was caused by negligence and that you are entitled to compensation.
The three most crucial points that must be proven to receive compensation are that:
- The accident was directly due to a dangerous condition on the property
- The owner created or knew about the condition but failed to fix it
- The hazard went uncorrected for longer than is reasonable
However, each of these points is nuanced and requires further clarification. The dangerous condition must be shown to be something that a reasonable person would not have been able to anticipate. Furthermore, it is necessary to prove that the victim was not acting carelessly and was legitimately unable to avoid the hazard.
Florida Slip and Fall Statute of Limitations
In Florida, a slip and fall case must be filed within four years of the injury occurring or else it will have passed outside of the statute of limitations. If this happens you will most likely be ineligible to file a claim, and you will lose your right to pursue compensation. It's important to contact an attorney about your case as soon as possible, as there are exceptions that can shorten or lengthen this timeline based on the specifics of your case.
How Our Slip and Fall Attorneys Can Help
Your Panama City slip and fall injury attorney is able to assist with:
- Collecting evidence – Gathering photographs of the injury, medical records, witness testimonies, and official incident report of the establishment to use in court.
- Determining liability – In Florida, each defendant is only required to offer reparations for the portion of the injury they were responsible for. It is important that every owner or business involved in the accident is part of the case in order for a victim to be fully compensated.
- Proving negligence – Showing that the defendant failed to meet building codes, violated a local statute, or was otherwise responsible for putting the hazard in the path of the victim.
If presented with suitable evidence, a court can reward compensation for medical costs, lost wages, emotional distress, and other costs related to the accident.
Legal Representation that Puts You First
When you turn to Syfrett, Dykes & Furr for legal representation, you can be sure that we put in the hours necessary to understand your case and thoroughly prepare to secure you a favorable outcome. Our Panama City slip and fall accident lawyers take the time to explain what you can realistically expect out of the case, and do our best to obtain the expectations we outline for you.