Panama City Premises Liability Lawyers
What Is Premises Liability?
Florida law requires property owners to keep their premises safe and hazard-free. When an owner fails to adequately maintain his or her property and somebody is injured or killed as a result, the victim may be entitled to compensation. This set of rules is also called premises liability.
Our Panama City premises liability attorneys offer assistance to Florida residents who were injured on another person’s property. Our lawyers can help prove the negligence of the property owner and seek to secure compensation for the pain you have endured.
Call Syfrett, Dykes & Furr to schedule a free consultation after you have been injured. Reach us at (850) 795-4979.
Determining Your Role
The compensation a property owner is obligated to provide depends on if the injured guest is a/an:
- Invitee: Someone who was invited to the premises to conduct business, such as a customer at a store. In these situations, the owner is required to provide the highest level of care, regularly inspecting their property and warning of hazards. The owner can even be held liable for hazards of which he or she was unaware.
- Licensee: Someone invited to the premises for social purposes, such as a visit from family or friends. In this relationship, the property owner is required to fix any hazards he or she is aware of, but cannot be held liable for dangers they did not know about.
- Trespasser: Someone who was not invited and should not have been on the premises. In this case, the property owner’s responsibility is far less than with either of the others.
Common Types of Premise Liability Cases
Our Panama City premises liability lawyers have experience handling claims concerning:
- Swimming pool accidents
- Slip and falls
- Elevator or escalator accident
- Assault due to lack of security or negligence
- Property maintenance issues, like poor lighting or uneven sidewalks
- Dog-bite injuries
- Chemical or fume exposure
The Experienced Counsel You Need
Our premises liability attorney in Panama City can collect evidence proving the property owner is liable for your injury, estimate the cost of damages incurred, and assist in negotiating a settlement.
If court proceedings are necessary, we will fight to secure the compensation you deserve. At Syfrett, Dykes & Furr, we pride ourselves on providing personal one-on-one service. Know that we will take the time to work closely on your case and to help secure your future.
Take the first step towards repairing your future today and call (850) 795-4979. We offer free consultations.