Working With Your Personal Injury Attorney
When involved in a personal injury case, the client often believes it is the sole responsibility of the lawyer to “make the case happen.” And while the attorney certainly is expected to do his or her part (being knowledgeable in the law and being able to provide expert guidance to the client throughout the process,) there are important tasks the client needs to take responsibility for to make the case “all it can be.”
As described in Chapter 2 of my ebook, Pursuing Justice For The Injured, there are client responsibilities that will help your attorney with your case.
- Make a list of medical care since your injury
- Keep a record of problems since your injury
- Use your insurance first for medical billings
- Make a list of people who knew you pre-injury
- Provide your medical history prior to the injury
- Get acquainted and work with your attorney
All of these responsibilities are explained in detail in the free ebook.