Panama City Slip & Fall Attorneys
Client Focused, Results Driven
Slip and fall generally refers to when a person loses his or her footing and is injured on another person's property. Slip and fall cases can become quite complicated, especially considering they often involve large corporations with access to vast amounts of resources. A Panama City slip and fall attorney can provide invaluable legal counsel during this time and help protect your rights.
Call (850) 795-4979 and schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.
Prerequisites of a Slip & Fall Claim
In order to designate fault in a slip and fall case, your Panama City personal injury attorney will help you prove that your accident was caused by negligence and that you are entitled to compensation.
The three most crucial points that must be proven to receive compensation are that:
- The accident was directly due to a dangerous condition on the property
- The owner created or knew about the condition but failed to fix it
- The hazard went uncorrected for longer than is reasonable
However, each of these points is nuanced and requires further clarification. The dangerous condition must be shown to be something that a reasonable person would not have been able to anticipate. Furthermore, it is necessary to prove that the victim was not acting carelessly and was legitimately unable to avoid the hazard.
Steps for Securing Compensation
In Florida, a slip and fall case must be filed within four years of the injury occurring or else it will have passed outside of the statute of limitations.
Your Panama City premises liability attorney is able to assist with:
- Collecting evidence – Gathering photographs of the injury, medical records, witness testimonies, and official incident report of the establishment to use in court.
- Determining liability – In Florida, each defendant is only required to offer reparations for the portion of the injury they were responsible for. It is important that every owner or business involved in the accident is part of the case in order for a victim to be fully compensated.
- Proving negligence – Showing that the defendant failed to meet building codes, violated a local statute, or was otherwise responsible for putting the hazard in the path of the victim.
If presented with suitable evidence, a court can reward compensation for medical costs, lost wages, emotional distress, and other costs related to the accident.
Legal Representation that Puts You First
When you turn to Syfrett, Dykes & Furr for legal representation, you can be sure that we put in the hours necessary to understand your case and thoroughly prepare to secure you a favorable outcome. Our Panama City personal injury lawyers take the time to explain what you can realistically expect out of the case, and do our best to obtain the expectations we outline for you.
With over 100 years of combined experience and 10,000 cases successfully handled, you can trust us to provide quality counsel. Contact us at (850) 795-4979 for a free consultation.